Your privacy, online safety, and data protection are important to us.
We will respect the confidentiality of your data and will always process it following international standards, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We act as the sole Data Controller, and all data is processed in the USA.
The personal data we collect allows us to deliver our services to you. We may ask you to supply the following personal information:
Why we hold personal data
- Your name and email address
- Financial details (for example, credit card information at checkout)
- Your ratings/reviews of products
- Your email preferences
- For publishers and creators only, the information about your business and the products you wish to sell
We use personal data to help us deliver the level of service you expect, whether you are a customer or a publisher.
- Creating a customer account: When you consent to us using your personal data, we can open your customer account.
- Fulfilling purchases: We also use your data on a "Performance of a Contract" basis. This means we can use your personal information to send you the products you order from us.
- Sharing reviews: We know that our customers like to support each other by leaving product reviews. When you submit a review, you consent to us making it available for others to see.
- Marketing: We may use your personal data to tell you about titles we think you'll love. When we do this, we are using the basis of Legitimate Interests, and all communications will be either direct emails or an e-newsletter.
Data that you've agreed to share with us about your business and your products will also be shared with customers via storefronts on our websites. If we believe it can support you further, we will also use this data in marketing activities using the basis of Legitimate Interests.
Who sees your personal data
We work with well-established, highly reputable third parties to allow us to deliver our services:
- Amazon Web Services for data storage and email fulfillment
- PayPal for the processing of financial transactions
- Yandex for the processing of certain Russian/Ruble financial transactions
In all cases, our standard procedure is to retain both customer and publisher data indefinitely. However, if you want us to delete it, you can ask us to do so: Please see below.
How we will uphold your rights as a data subject
Please note that if you choose to exercise your rights to withdraw consent or ask for your data to be deleted or its use restricted, we may be unable to fulfill the services you have requested us to undertake. For example, if you ask us to delete your customer account data, we can no longer provide you access to re-download previously purchased digital titles.
- We will always do our best to keep the data we hold on you accurate. However, if you spot any errors, please correct us by accessing your account details and amending them.
- Our promise to you is that we will never use your personal data for anything we haven't already told you about (unless obliged to do so by law). And we won't share your data with anyone other than the organizations we have told you about above or per the privacy exceptions noted below.
- If you wish, you can ask to see the personal data we hold on you at any time. Where you gave us your consent to process your data, you can withdraw that consent. You can at any time ask us to delete your personal data.
- You can request to be removed from our marketing email lists at any time. The easiest way to do so — aside from using the opt-out link we always provide within all marketing email — is to access your account page and select the marketing you do or do not wish to receive; it's simple to manage, but let us know if you need help.
- We're sure we have the procedures in place to make sure you won't need this option, but if there is some dispute about our use of your personal data, you have the right to ask us to suspend the processing of your data until the dispute is resolved.
- Where applicable, we can provide your data to you in a portable digital format.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or want us to assist you in exercising your rights, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any webpage on site.
If you are unhappy with any aspects of how we use your personal data, let us know. And remember that if you are a citizen of the European Union, you also have the right to complain to your national supervisory authority. The full list of these authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
This website is operated by Roll20, LLC